The selection of painting can be crucial for any room but becomes more intricate when talking about the art piece for the living room. Most family members like to spend their indoor family time in a living room. Picking the painting for the living room mainly depends upon the theme of the room. For traditionally styled rooms traditional landscape paintings or local views are considered as the best choice. If your living room has contemporary décor then abstract or imaginative paintings will complement other stuff in the room.
Where to Find Large Paintings for Living Room
You can choose from famous painting subjects or just follow your instinct to select what you want in your art collection. Give your blank wall a new life with attractive and original abstract or landscape painting from a huge collection of Gallery Today. You can find a perfect piece of art to match the rest of the interior so you can proudly display it on the most conspicuous wall of your living room.
You will find a wide variety of painting subjects like:
- Landscape Art
- Non-figurative Art
- Impressionism Art
- Decorative Art
- Expressionism Art
- Realism Art
- Surrealism Art
- Semi-abstract Art
- Cubist Art
Hanging the large size paintings in the living room never goes out of style. The open space of the living room amplifies the beauty of the painting. Because most living rooms are designed to take the best light. It is the rule of thumb to get 39 inches or bigger size painting for the lobby or living room. The placement of the painting should not above 57 inches high because artwork must be at eye-level so you can look over it for long without stressing the neck.
Tips to Find Right Place for Paintings
The most appropriate places for a large painting in the living room depending upon the furniture set, window, and light projection on the painting. Most people like to hang painting behind the large sofa. But make sure to place it only 6-12 inches above furniture to look at the painting effortlessly while sitting opposite the sofa. If you have a fireplace in the living room then you can utilize the above space if you have an average size painting. Or try something more interesting by setting up a gallery of small paintings to cover the blank wall and create a collage effect.
My personal preferences
There are many things that I notice when I visit someone’s place for the first time. First of all, a nice entrance set the momentum and I get excited to discover more about the place. Then minimalist décor creates a spacious effect and smooths the nerve as there is less clutter and have breathing space. If the main lobby or living room has got large painting with a matching or contrasting theme to the décor of the room then it works a charm for me. Sometimes I like the contrasting and vibrant colors of the art pieces and sometimes I fell in love with pestle hues. In my opinion, there is no consistent favorite style or color that works for all walls so pick the art piece that you like instantly.
Make your living room more artistic by utilizing the most impactful focal point in the living room and let your guest complement your aesthetics.
- She has been analyst, beauty expert, mom of 2, cook, teacher, content writer, and a reviewer with a passion to have a smart home with her husband. She often tests new things and gadgets that come into the market with the help of her team to review items. When she’s not at her computer, you can find her at her kitchen, busy with 2 kids, or maybe on Pinterest @xadiacashif where she likes to share about her lifestyle and work. Alternatively, try her email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite and latest gizmos.
- Parenting TipsNovember 26, 2023Importance of art and craft in child development
- Parenting TipsNovember 12, 2023Nurturing Mothers: The Rising Issue of Postpartum Depression and the Vital Role of Self-Care.
- FashionOctober 16, 2023Animal Print Leggings Fashion
- Parenting TipsOctober 16, 2023Babydekentje met naam: een uniek en liefdevol geschenk