I am very conscious about having germs, bacteria, and smells in the bathroom. You can say I am cynical and want my bathroom to be most hygienic. Usually, I clean the bathroom on daily basis and I wash the toilet bowl even twice a day especially when my kids go to the toilet.
Well after research I decided to test three hot selling toilet brushes that were claimed to be most hygienic. I want the toilet brush should have these qualities at any cost.
- Scrubs off toilet stains effectively
- Easy to store
- Do not spill dirty water after cleaning the bowl.
When I was searching for the best toilet brush, I came across the disposal toilet brush from Clorox. I felt that was my thing. I was desperate to put it to the test. I order one from Amazon. The main idea of this disposable toilet brush is to use a disposable toilet head that contains some sort of chemical having a strong scent. The sponge has angles to clean hard-to-reach areas. I attached a sponge to the brush wand and disposed of the dirty sponge after each use.
Well, I tried this brush and found that it is pretty inexpensive. But when I tried to dispose of the used pad, I found that the click button is very close to the pad which made my hands dirty. Another gross thing about these pads, that you can not dispose of them into a flush of the bowl. You need to go to scrape it off into the basket. I hated it the most to touch the dirty pad because sometimes it does not come off easily.
The blue chemical nicely cleans the toilet but the plastic from the sponge comes and falls into the bowl. The wand is also not sturdy. Water spills from the pad after each use and I had to keep the basket near me to dispose of it.
Another downside of this disposable toilet brush is that it works fine within the rim of the toilet bowl. But it is not sturdy enough to clean the bottom of the bowl and gets detached easily. I find the idea good but there is a lot of room for improvement for this toilet brush.
The 2nd toilet brush I tried was made of silicone bristles by BOOMJOY. It is said that silicon is a hygienic material because bacteria do not grow into silicon. I ordered the silicon toilet brush with a caddy.
That toilet brush has some handy features and the one I like the most is the invisible tweezer. With the help of tweezers, you can pick hair or wrapper of things you find on the P-Trap of the toilet.
The storage caddy also made purchasing me this toilet brush. Well, I tested it for cleaning the bowl and it turn out to be weak in cleaning tough stains. Because whenever I used to exert pressure to clean stains, the bracelets bent and did not clean hard stains. It was a big turn-off.
Whenever I clean the bowl, the brush drip water and make clean the bathroom dirty with dripped water. Although it has caddy water spills from the brush. Another gross thing about this brush I personally feel is that you need to clean the water from the caddy yourself. There is no mechanism that disposes of dirty water from the caddy. IF you don’t drain water from the caddy regularly, there will be a ton of bacteria, mold, and a yukky smell.
After some days the metallic handle of this brush got rusty. So I decided to move to another brush.
I found a brush introduced by ELYPRO that has ventilated caddy and a mechanism to fold out and fold back the caddy of the brush with a click of a button. It sounded amazing. I immediately decided to test that toilet brush.
I found this toilet brush as my new obsession. I love the strong and break-fee bristles that do not come off easily. All the features of this caddy are according to my hygienic standards.
- There is no dripping of water after cleaning my bowl.
- The bristles are strong enough to clean tough stains and hard-to-reach areas.
- Mechanism of fold-out and fold back of caddy is hassle-free.
- Caddy is ventilated and you can easily drain water without touching the caddy.
- Because the brush is caddy made of plastic there is no fear of rust.
So far it is working great and did not find any flaw in this toilet brush. I will keep updating this review. Keep checking updates on this review for the most hygienic toilet brushes. You can buy this toilet brush at their website or here.
Toilet Brushes I put to Test are as Follows
ELYPRO Drip Free Toilet Brush and Holder Review
- Heavy-duty bristles
- Drip-Free brush
- Easy to drain excess water
- Swift mechanism
BOOMJOY Toilet Brush and Holder Set Review
- TPR Material Bristle
- Storage Caddy
- Invisible Tweezers
- Week Performance on tough stains
- Drips water
- Rusty handle
Clorox ToiletWand Disposable Toilet Cleaning System Review
Final Verdict For Most Hygienic Toilet Brush
Runner Up: BOOMJOY Toilet Brush and Holder Set
2nd Runner Up: Clorox ToiletWand Disposable Toilet Cleaning System
- She has been analyst, beauty expert, mom of 2, cook, teacher, content writer, and a reviewer with a passion to have a smart home with her husband. She often tests new things and gadgets that come into the market with the help of her team to review items. When she’s not at her computer, you can find her at her kitchen, busy with 2 kids, or maybe on Pinterest @xadiacashif where she likes to share about her lifestyle and work. Alternatively, try her email at email@example.com, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite and latest gizmos.
- Parenting Tips2023.08.09Baby Gate for TV Stand: Keeping Your Little Explorer Safe and Sound
- Parenting Tips2023.06.02Newborn Photography: Timeless Portraits of Babies
- Parenting Tips2023.05.11The Importance of Ear Hygiene: Tips for Healthy Ears
- Parenting Tips2023.05.02Benefits of Daddy’s Girl Baby Clothes