Cleaning and organization in the kitchen is a never-ending practice. Imagine a kitchen without cabinets will blow your mind away with all kitchen staples, utensils, and gadgets lying on the countertop. So credit goes to kitchen cabinets as they are real game-changers in organizing kitchens. They are a major functional part of a kitchen and their look and design should match with the theme of kitchen décor. If you are planning to remodel your kitchen then you have lots of options of material, colors, and design. Mostly new kitchen cabinets cost around $4000 to $7000 with all accessories. So choosing a kitchen cabinet unit is a serious decision so you can use it for many years to come.
I love to work in the kitchen with a sparkling clean counter with a welcoming space to work. It was a very frustrating time for me when I spent a few years in a kitchen without any storage cabinets. Everything lies on the countertop and I feel myself finding clearing the counter all the time. My kitchen appliances were more prone to dust so I had to keep them away from the kitchen area. It was a sigh of relief when I moved to another place with a kitchen equipped with cabinets. Although it was small due to practical kitchen cabinets everything has its proper place in the kitchen and feels more clear space on the countertop. Easy access is one of the most important features of kitchen cabinets. You get the right item at the right spot and hence save time and energy.
Old kitchens used to have solid wood cabinets in them. It was time taking to construct those wooden kitchen chests. But now you can order pre-build kitchen cabinets in numerous textures and wood designs. These cabinets usually have a solid plywood back panel that extends the full length of the unit. The life of kitchen cabinets depends on the dado joints, hot glue, and solid base to hold the weight of heavy ceramics and cutlery. Add elegance to basic structure with glass-paneled doors or using contemporary hardware. Always order for 2 or 3 cabinets with extra shelves to add more storage space for cups or canned food.
How to transform an old kitchen with chic kitchen cabinets
- The kitchen with matt stainless steel appliances at display in the kitchen look stunning so a handless kitchen unit with gloss or matt finish in any subtle color gives an ultra-modern look to the kitchen.
- If you want to play with some unusual colors in the kitchen for a funkier atmosphere then go for acrylic color with something innovative in the color scheme of kitchen cabinets.
- With a spacious kitchen, you can go for Metallic charcoal or jet black kitchen cabinet unit for the magazine-quality modern kitchen.
- There are handleless high gloss kitchen cabinets for minimalist lovers with the most gentle colors.
- Utilize the upper vertical space with kitchen cabinets for dinnerware and use more drawers or large cabinets to keep cooking ware.
- Kitchen with island with light color countertop complements painted wood kitchen cabinets.
- For a more vintage look in the kitchen, you have lots of options in faux wood or original wood with a diverse intensity of wood color.
- Replace the outdated kitchen cabinet doors with trendy cabinet doors without changing the basic structure.
- While selecting the kitchen cabinets make sure to add your aesthetics but if you have plans to sell the house any time soon then choose a more traditional style of kitchen cabinets.