Hyaluronic Acid Serum = Hydration
Hyaluronic acid (HA) the ingredient found in serums, sheet masks, and injectables is the skin-plumping and hydrating agent. Do you want to know why HA is used in beauty products? Let me tell you Hyaluronic acid is a sugar, naturally found in our body. It helps to retain water in our skin cells and joint but also prevents water to evaporate from our skin.
Just like collagen and elastin, Hyaluronic acid production decreases with skin aging. Skin gets dry, wrinkled, and pigmented. HA production can be stimulated with help of a diet. Eating foods having lots of antioxidants like fruits and vegetables produce Hyaluronic acid in the body.
What is Hyaluronic Acid Serum?
Don’t be afraid of the name of acid, It is a gel-like substance. Our skin pH is 7 and anything closer to this, best suits the skin. The pH value of HA serum varies from 5 to 8 which is weakly acidic and more on a neutral side. Hyaluronic Acid Serum is a gel-like water-holding molecule that binds the moisture to the skin and keeps it healthy and youthful.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum Benefits
- The serum penetrates the skin cells and infuses all layers of skin with deep moisturizing.
- It acts as a humectant, and draws moisture from the environment, and hold this moisture to the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid fortifies the skin’s natural barriers and prevents skin dryness by locking moisture into the skin.
- Preservatives used in many serums kill the skin barrier( good bacteria) and cause infection. But pure Hyaluronic Acid serum adds hydration and helps in protecting skin barrier that is why it is highly recommended for the skin having severe acne and wrinkle.
- HA serum gives a tightening effect on the skin and makes the skin appear more youthful.
- It smoothes out the skin texture and helps in clearing pores.
- Fine and wrinkles are the results of the loss of moisture, HA serum removes fine lines that is why it is used in injectables to remove wrinkles.
- Pigmentation and age spots are stubborn and if you do not use any exfoliating agent, you can not get rid of dead skin cells and dark spots. Combined with Vitamin c serum, hyaluronic acid serum benefits you in getting rid of pigmentation.
- There is a misconception that oily skin does not need moisturizer. But the fact is, it needs more hydration. As HA is a gel-like substance, it is an excellent moisturizer for oily skin. It is equally good for dry, oily, and combination skin.
How to Correctly Apply Hyaluronic Acid Serum?
You will not have any side effects ever of using HA serum, only if you use it correctly and in the right order. To understand this, let suppose if you apply a HA serum on your dry skin, and it is humidity in the environment. Because of the HA serum layer on your skin, it sucks moisture from the air and hydrates your skin. That’s favorable!
But if you apply HA serum on your dry skin and it is dry weather, then The HA serum layer helps pull moisture to evaporate from the skin into the environment leaving your skin drier than before. Not Favorable! 🙁
How can you prevent this evaporation?
You can prevent this by applying Hyaluronic Acid Serum on damp skin and lock it with a layer of moisture. Most people don’t know the skincare products applying correct order to get flawless skin.
Correct order to apply Hyaluronic Acid Serum
|Day Time||Bed Time|
|1. Cleanser||1. Cleanser|
|2. Toner||2. Toner|
|3. Hyaluronic Acid Serum||3. Hyaluronic Acid Serum|
|4. Eye cream||4. Eye cream|
|5. Spot Treatment||5. Spot Treatment|
|6. Moisturizer||6. Moisturizer|
|7. Face Oil||7. Retinol|
|8. Sunscreen||8. Face Oil|