How sad it is to see all the twinkly lights, precious Christmas ornaments, and decorated trees go back to storage for a long time. After spending an exciting holiday season you feel overwhelmed to take off and put back all these sentimental little things. But do you ever get worried while storing these precious and delicate Christmas ornaments?
If yes, then you do not need to be worried now. We are going to tell you some hacks, that will help you to protect, store, and reuse your favorite ornaments to decorate your Christmas tree next year.
Protect Hanging Ornaments
During the holiday season, you decorate your house and Christmas tree with various types of ornament made with glass, cardboard, cork, and clothes. Usually, people hang it with strings. The first step is to keep these ornaments hanged in perfect condition. Kids and pets get excited to see these glittery objects near them and try to touch and pull. As a result, they fall and break.
Glass ornaments are very delicate and easily breakable when fall. Protect the Christmas ornaments with anchors instead of string to secure them tightly so that they do not fall when kids or pets try to pull the ornaments.
Used Coffee Cups
After spending prolonged party time in the holiday season, you will have a pile of used coffee cups. You can stock up these cups to keep the delicate rounded ornaments. To store them keep coffee cups in a large covered box to protect them from dust.
Used Soda Bottles
Small beads and strings are the most difficult things to store. You can keep them in empty soda bottles. It is easy to manage and reuse the same color of beads and strings.
Egg or Apple Carton
Egg cartons are a great idea to keep oval shape ornaments and apple cartons are great to store round glass ornaments. Cupcakes liner or tissue wraps are essential to protect glass ornaments from rattle against each other.
DIY Ornament Storage Box
If you have time, you can make your DIY storage carton. Take a storage box and create a section with cardboard to keep fragile ornament separate from each other.
To store the hanging ornaments, restring the ornament loops in a plastic rod. Drill two parallel holes in the storage basket and save hanging ornaments in the DIY storage basket.
Readymade Ornament Storage Box
Because of lack of time and necessary items for a DIY box, you may need ready-made ornament storage boxes. You can buy online or from any ornament shop easily.
- She has been analyst, beauty expert, mom of 2, cook, teacher, content writer, and a reviewer with a passion to have a smart home with her husband. She often tests new things and gadgets that come into the market with the help of her team to review items. When she’s not at her computer, you can find her at her kitchen, busy with 2 kids, or maybe on Pinterest @xadiacashif where she likes to share about her lifestyle and work. Alternatively, try her email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite and latest gizmos.
- Parenting TipsNovember 26, 2023Importance of art and craft in child development
- Parenting TipsNovember 12, 2023Nurturing Mothers: The Rising Issue of Postpartum Depression and the Vital Role of Self-Care.
- FashionOctober 16, 2023Animal Print Leggings Fashion
- Parenting TipsOctober 16, 2023Babydekentje met naam: een uniek en liefdevol geschenk