Are Costco Lenses Good Quality?
You probably know Costco as a membership-only warehouse club that sells electronics, appliances, furniture, outdoor living, grocery, jewelry, and more. But did you know that Costco also has an optical department? Similar to Walmart, this retail company also offers different types of eyeglasses lenses. They have prescription lenses, progressive lenses, bifocal lenses, single vision lenses, polarized lenses, transition lenses, anti-reflective lenses, and multi-functional lenses. But are their lenses good quality? Let’s compare and review Costco and Rx-able to see which offers better products.
Costco Vs. Rx-Able
When using eyeglasses, it is crucial to choose the right lenses. The quality, attributes, and coating of the lenses all contribute to your eyes’ correct vision and comfort. But with so many optometrist offices and eyewear merchants, deciding where to buy your eyewear lenses can be challenging. Costco Optical and Rx-able both offer a wide selection of eyewear lenses. We will compare some of the deciding factors to determine the best place to get an eyeglass lens replacement.
Rx-able lenses refer to prescription lenses, which are designed to correct vision problems such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. The quality of Rx-able lenses depends on several factors, including:
- Material: Rx-able lenses can be made of various materials, including plastic, glass, and polycarbonate. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks in terms of weight, durability, and clarity.
- Coatings: Many Rx-able lenses come with coatings that can enhance the performance of the lenses. For example, anti-reflective coatings can reduce glare and make the lenses look more clear and transparent, while scratch-resistant coatings can improve durability.
- Prescription accuracy: The quality of Rx-able lenses also depends on the accuracy of the prescription. If the prescription is incorrect, the lenses may not correct your vision properly, and you may experience visual distortions or other issues.
- Manufacturer: Different manufacturers have different levels of quality control and may use different manufacturing processes. Some manufacturers are known for producing high-quality lenses, while others may have a lower level of quality control or may use lower-quality materials.
Quality Of Lenses
Costco offers various lenses, including Kirkland Signature HD Progressive, Polarized, Transitions, Anti-Reflective Treatments, and Multi-functional lenses with Essilor technology. These lenses have excellent quality, but they are at least one notch down compared to most big-name brands. Of course, it also depends on what package you pick. They offer a basic package that features polarized lenses with anti-scratch and anti-glare protection. Costco also has a high-quality polarized option with thinner, anti-scratch, and anti-glare lenses.
In comparison, Rx-able offers more big-names such as Essilor, Varilux, and Shamir. These eyeglasses lenses are some of the leading brands that provide the best quality of lenses. When you get your glasses lens replacement with Rx-able, you’re sure to have the perfect eyewear with a vision that feels natural, clear and sharp, and comfortable.
Lens Replacement Frame Fee
If you want to replace or upgrade your prescription lenses to Costco, you can bring your own frame. However, they will charge you a small fee for it. On the other hand, Rx-able won’t ask you for any additional payment if you want to use your old frame. They made it easy for you, so you won’t have to spend a lot to enjoy good eyesight.
Price of lenses
Costco lens prices start at $69.99, while Rx-able offers lenses at a low rate of $48. Of course, the lenses’ type and brand increase the cost of the other products in thier store, but they offer discounts at Rx-able regularly. You can enjoy big-brand names for less than $250.
You might need to contact your local Costco store to find out their shipping policy. But at Rx-able, You may get fast 24-hour turnaround. Shipping is quick in both ways. You can send your old frame, and they might send it back to you with your new prescription lenses in 3 to 5 days.
Rx able Review
Although Costo offers excellent quality optical lenses, you’ll enjoy more options for high-quality big brand lenses at affordable prices with Rx-able. Plus, they don’t ask for additional frame fees so that you can send your old frames for free. In general, the quality of Rx-able lenses can vary greatly depending on these and other factors. It is important to choose a reputable manufacturer and to make sure that your prescription is accurate to ensure the best possible visual experience. We have researched different websites and data and curate some reviews about rx able lenses as follows
Some common customer reviews of Rx-able lenses include:
- Clarity: Many customers comment on the clarity of their Rx-able lenses, with some saying that the lenses provide clear and crisp vision, while others say that the lenses are not clear or cause visual distortions.
- Comfort: Comfort is another factor in customer reviews of Rx-able lenses. Some customers say that the lenses are comfortable and do not cause any discomfort or irritation, while others say that the lenses are heavy, cumbersome, or cause discomfort.
- Durability: The durability of Rx-able lenses is another common topic in customer reviews. Some customers say that the lenses are sturdy and long-lasting, while others say that the lenses scratch easily.
- Price: Price is also a common theme in customer reviews of Rx-able lenses. Some customers say that the lenses are a good value for the money, while others say that the lenses are overpriced.
It’s important to keep in mind that individual experiences with Rx-able lenses can vary greatly, and what works well for one person may not work well for another. As such, it’s always a good idea to read multiple reviews and do your own research before making a purchase.
- She has been analyst, beauty expert, mom of 2, cook, teacher, content writer, and a reviewer with a passion to have a smart home with her husband. She often tests new things and gadgets that come into the market with the help of her team to review items. When she’s not at her computer, you can find her at her kitchen, busy with 2 kids, or maybe on Pinterest @xadiacashif where she likes to share about her lifestyle and work. Alternatively, try her email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite and latest gizmos.