The dog is the most loyal animal and human best friend. Being a dog owner, are you feeding the best nutrients your dog deserves? The bad news is 90 percent of dog owners do not realize the natural diet dogs need. The company manufactured dog food looks attractive due to its colorful packaging, convenience to serve, and low price.
Manufacturers pay a hefty amount of money for advertising and false reviews to deceive you and raise their profit margin by selling artificial food.
But the truth is that manufactured food affects the health of your dog badly. Commercial Dog food causes destructive crystals in the kidney, dehydration, poor digestion, lethargy, smelly poop, and loss of luster.
Can you feed your child daily with only biscuits? If no, then how could you give your dog manufactured food on regular basis. That is why raw dog food recipes are important to treat your dog with different variety of food.
Dogs are born hunters, and their bodies require the following food elements naturally
- proteins in the form of raw meat
- calcium in the form of uncooked bones
- omega fatty acid in the form of fish and animal organ parts
- and a small portion of multivitamins in the form of dog-friendly fruits and vegetables.
Always take care of the weight and age of your dog before feeding raw food. If you want to know the portion for your dog food, then visit Raw Dog Food Canada and calculate the portion size of raw dog food easily by entering the weight and age of your dog. Let us discuss some recipes that incorporate all these ingredients in a raw natural diet.
What raw meat can you feed a dog?
You can use the meat of Chicken, Mutton, Beef, Duck, Rabbit, Silkie chicken, Turkey, Quail, Pork, Horse, or Donkey. You can choose the meat according to your budget.
What are dog-friendly vegetables?
You can give your dog Kale, Spinach, Pumpkin, Carrots, Green Beans, Broccoli, Beets, Celery in raw, steamed, or pureed form.
What organ meat can you give to dogs?
Liver, Heart, Brain, Spleen, Pancreas, Ovaries, Kidney, and Gizzard of Mutton, Beef, Rabbit, Pork, Duck, Quail, Silkie chicken, Chicken, donkey, horse any of them available.
4 Balanced Raw Dog Food Recipes
Cheap and Easy raw dog food recipes
You will need the following ingredients
- Pork meat one ounce
- Rabbit Liver 1
- Half cup carrots
- Half cup spinach
- 1 Chicken gizzard
- An egg including shell
Mix all ingredients in a chopper or food processor. Serve a portion according to the age and weight of your dog and freeze the leftover.
Raw Dog Food Recipes for German Shepherds
- Chicken necks Half cup
- Pork or beef tail one
- Chicken liver 1
- Chicken heart 1
- Broccoli + apple half cup
Cut into small pieces and serve a portion to your dog.
Raw Dog Food Recipes for Large Dogs
Don’t give too many fatty meat pieces to large dogs because they will become too lazy. Also, avoid giving extra calcium supplements or chewable bones in every meal because it can increase the amount of calcium in the dog’s blood.
- 1 pound raw turkey, ground
- 1/3 pound chicken livers
- 4 tbsp rabbit feet
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 apple
- 4 cups vegetables (broccoli, carrots, turnips, lettuce mixed)
Chop all things and sever a portion according to pet requirements.
Raw Dog Food Recipes for Small dogs
A small dog's diet depends upon its weight. Serve the food weighing 2-3 % of the weight of your dog. Divide that 2-3% into two portions and serve two times a day. Small dogs need more protein part because they need their body to grow. Prepare the following recipe for small dogs;
- Beef 1 ounce
- Chicken feet 2
- Chicken liver 1
- Chicken gizzard 1
- Mackerel fish 1
- Egg with shell 1
- Pumpkin puree 1/2 cup
Grind all things and serve your dog according to the weight of your puppy.
Precautions while serving raw food to your dog.
- Never feed onion and garlic to your dog because they kill red blood cells in dogs.
- Serve your dog with fish once a week to add omega 3 fatty acids.
- Never give tea, coffee, chocolate, or any form of caffeine to your small dog because it can be fatal.
- Always feed your dog with raw bones. Never give them cooked bones because they splinter into shards.
- Must adjust your dog’s diet for different life stages.
- If you want to control the budget, then buy raw food in bulk quantity from a local farmer or wet market at a fairly low price. Freeze in portion size in a plastic bag or plastic containers and serve after defrosting.
- Do not include potatoes in your dog diet because solanine present in potto causes vomit, diarrhea, and indigestion.
- Avoid giving any types of nuts to your dog because they can be fatal.
- Do not give avocado because dogs get breathless if they eat any part of an avocado.
- She has been analyst, beauty expert, mom of 2, cook, teacher, content writer, and a reviewer with a passion to have a smart home with her husband. She often tests new things and gadgets that come into the market with the help of her team to review items. When she’s not at her computer, you can find her at her kitchen, busy with 2 kids, or maybe on Pinterest @xadiacashif where she likes to share about her lifestyle and work. Alternatively, try her email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite and latest gizmos.
- Parenting Tips2023.08.09Baby Gate for TV Stand: Keeping Your Little Explorer Safe and Sound
- Parenting Tips2023.06.02Newborn Photography: Timeless Portraits of Babies
- Parenting Tips2023.05.11The Importance of Ear Hygiene: Tips for Healthy Ears
- Parenting Tips2023.05.02Benefits of Daddy’s Girl Baby Clothes