The reign of the Brazilian smoothing seems to have come to an end. When it broke out fifteen years ago, it was devastating, but it also wreaked havoc with some manes, because it incorporated formaldehyde (highly toxic).
Soon this was banned by the American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and we were able to obtain the smooth board in a healthy way. The problem? For a few, the hair was left licked, without any volume and unnatural. That’s why lately new treatments have emerged that are displacing the classic keratin and these techniques work best for the hairs that have been straightened with some of the best hair straightener available.
Organic Brazilian Straightening (Toxic free)
We talked with one of the owners of a salon specialized in straightening techniques, and she explains, “nowadays the organic ones have nothing to do with the famous Brazilian keratin of the year 2000, they are now formaldehyde-free, they do not damage the hair or the scalp.
The keratin treatment is more straightening than others and indicated for hair with a strong curl, it relaxes it and provides continuous weight. Aquarela Peluqueros explains that organic hair is compatible with any chemical process and can be applied even to pregnant women.
Besides, it is perfect for blondes because “its formulation contains ingredients that eliminate the yellowish tone, tint and provide light”.
Hyaluronic Acid, with Volume
The smooth one is more natural, it fills the cuticles with molecules providing discipline and body. It manages to close the cuticle, adding shine and smoothness. It’s perfect for those who don’t want to lose volume but want to discipline their hair, keep it from getting frizzy, and leave a light, loose curl.
Anti-Frizz, Out Frizz
It is a lighter method whose purpose is to remove frizz by providing moisture, softness, shine, and strength to the hair structure, respecting the natural curl.
If you like to leave your hair wave in the air ‘like most girls do’ without it being little frizzy, although most of the time it will need more care than the rest to make it last”.
Tanninoplasty, plus Antioxidants
This technique is made with tannins, which we also find in wine, and are excellent antioxidants for the hair. When it comes to having curly hair and If you put on the foam it looks great and without the frizz; if you want it straight you can just put the dryer on top of your head, it is activated by the heat”.
Hair Botox, aged Manes
Hair Stylist + Botulinica vegetable makes the hair smooth and rejuvenates hair thanks to the filling action with the ‘botox effect’, also disappears volume and rough ends. It lasts 4 months approximately.
Lactoplastia, more Elasticity
Based on lactic acid, an ingredient that helps restore the elasticity of the hair by altering the ionic charge of its molecules, and apple stem cells, moisturizers, nutrients, and repairers, the fiber is rebuilt and smoothed with a plus of movement.
Gloss Hair, Extra Shine
Coconut oil, white clay, and keratin make up the formula of this smoothing that provides a “crystal hair” effect. It is perfect for straight, wavy, dull, or damaged hair, but not for afro, very thick, or extremely porous hair.
We hope you liked the above-mentioned hairstyling techniques. If you have any questions? Don’t forget to leave a comment down below.
- She has been analyst, beauty expert, mom of 2, cook, teacher, content writer, and a reviewer with a passion to have a smart home with her husband. She often tests new things and gadgets that come into the market with the help of her team to review items. When she’s not at her computer, you can find her at her kitchen, busy with 2 kids, or maybe on Pinterest @xadiacashif where she likes to share about her lifestyle and work. Alternatively, try her email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite and latest gizmos.
- Parenting TipsNovember 26, 2023Importance of art and craft in child development
- Parenting TipsNovember 12, 2023Nurturing Mothers: The Rising Issue of Postpartum Depression and the Vital Role of Self-Care.
- FashionOctober 16, 2023Animal Print Leggings Fashion
- Parenting TipsOctober 16, 2023Babydekentje met naam: een uniek en liefdevol geschenk