Isn’t it just fantastic to keep your hands free but still holding your baby securely with the help of a baby carrier?
Having your baby snugly close to your body while doing house chores, shopping or walking outdoor is both beneficial for mom and baby.
Research shows that the babies who are carried by parents 3 hours a day cry 50 % less as compared to babies who are not close to mom’s body. Wearing a baby in a carrier is getting popular these days and many celebrities also following this trend. Baby carriers are more convenient to carry a baby as compare to using a baby stroller. Deciding that you want to use a baby carrier is a wise decision but first, you must be aware of different types of baby carriers.
Types of Baby Carrier
Selecting a quality baby carrier is not difficult. You need to consider the following types and factors before buying a baby carrier according to your need. Here are some suggestions that help you in choosing the best baby carriers.
Baby wraps are the perfect carriers for newborn babies because they keep bay close to the mother and provide needed warmth and a feel of closeness. Baby wraps are a single cloth that needs to wrap around the waist and tie to secure the carrier. You can wear the baby wraps in numerous positions as you want. These are available in many colors, fabrics, and patterns. Make sure to buy a breathable fabric and check the baby off and on if he sleeps in the wrap to make sure the correct breathing position.
Carrier Ring Slings
Carrier slings are made to carry relatively older babies and are worn diagonally. You can place the baby on the hip or in the front position in a sling fabric cradle. Sling carriers are most easy to wear and take off. The fabric used in the carrier sling is soft and breathable. You can customize the position of the baby according to your need with the help of the ring. Consider the fabric according to season. Also, pay attention to the baby’s position in the sling carrier that he is breathing properly.
Baby carrier bags either be a soft structure or solid structure for older babies. Carrier bags come with adjustable straps and closure buckle to adjust the position of the baby. There is a proper seat for the baby and legs come out from the holes to balance the baby’s position. You can hold a baby in front or from the back position. Carrier bags provide the most support to baby and you can use carrier bags during shopping or hiking or long walking trips. These come with special features like storage pockets, baby sleeping hoods, and a supportive stand, etc. The fabric used in carrier bags is not as soft as in the case of sling carrier or wrap carrier. Moreover, these carriers are costly as well.
Carrying Positions of the Baby
- Cradle carry
Wear the baby carrier first then slip a baby into the carrier. The baby remains in a fully reclined or semi-reclined position in the cradle.
- Reverse Cradle Carry
In a reverse cradle position, the baby remains in a horizontal position with the head on one side of the shoulder. This position is good for breastfeeding. Moms carry newborn to under 4 months baby in this position.
- Hip Carry
Hip carry is used for babies older than 5 months. This is a comfortable position for both mom and baby and the weight of the baby is equally distributed.
- Front Face-in Carry
The face-in position is suitable for newborn babies because their neck is not balanced. Baby vision is limited to 8-10 inches and babies adapt the life outside the womb slowly and gradually. With head and neck support and closeness with parents, the baby feels more secure and comfortable.
- Front Face-out Carry
The face-out carrying position is also called the kangaroo position is suitable for older babies. 5 months older babies want to explore their surroundings and interact with others. Front out position is exciting for the baby.
- Back Carry
Back carry is the most comfortable position for the carrier wearer. It gives you the freedom to freely move your hands while carrying your baby on your back. the back position is not recommended for newborn babies up to the age of 5 months. When a baby learns to sit independently then carry your baby on your back.
- 3 of the Best Automatic Rockers for your Baby
- Baby Onesies Buyer’s Guide
- 8 Small Child Proof Items a Genius Mom Must Have to Ensure Baby’s Safety
- Best Baby Fruit Feeder Review
- Infant and Toddler Utensils For Self Feeding Review 2020
- Best Learner Sippy Cup 6 months- 2 years Breastfeeding Babies Reviews
- She has been analyst, beauty expert, mom of 2, cook, teacher, content writer, and a reviewer with a passion to have a smart home with her husband. She often tests new things and gadgets that come into the market with the help of her team to review items. When she’s not at her computer, you can find her at her kitchen, busy with 2 kids, or maybe on Pinterest @xadiacashif where she likes to share about her lifestyle and work. Alternatively, try her email at email@example.com, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite and latest gizmos.
- Parenting TipsJanuary 19, 2024Celebrate in Style: Best 100 Days of School T-Shirt Ideas for Every Occasion
- Parenting TipsDecember 20, 2023Nurturing Love: Exploring the Infinite Reasons Why We Cherish Our Children
- Parenting TipsNovember 26, 2023Importance of art and craft in child development
- Parenting TipsNovember 12, 2023Nurturing Mothers: The Rising Issue of Postpartum Depression and the Vital Role of Self-Care.