Buying baby clothing, again and again, has one simple problem that us adults don’t have. They outgrow their new clothing very very fast. Solution? Making your own clothing at home? Let’s see how hard it would be to save some money by making clothing at home.
Do you have a sewing machine and know how to sew?
If you have a sewing machine at home, you can already save some money by simply making your own DYI baby or children’s clothing. You have a sewing machine but don’t know what is interfacing, how to attach a button or how to make a fancy collar? Don’t even if you don’t have a clue how to sew anything you can learn to sew anything online! There are plenty of sewing wiki type websites out there…
Buy a sewing pattern!
There are plenty of online shops that sell sewing patterns on Etsy. Simply google baby sewing patterns and you will find many people selling both the actual blueprint of how to make baby clothing and step-by-step sewing guides that come with them. It’s as easy as following instructions. Just make sure you buy all the necessary supplies like buttons, zippers, and fabric before you devote the whole day to making them.
Your child outgrown the garment you made?
No worries! Simply make the nex2 size. Shops like Otter Patterns or other pattern sellers on Etsy usually sell patterns that already have multiple sizes, so simply print the pattern with a home printer again. And start sewing!
Fabrics, buttons, ribbons, and zippers are relatively cheap compared to what we usually pay for children’s clothing, especially if you buy in bulk.
Crafty moms and dads save thousands of dollars!
Yes, because a simple sewing pattern costs as little as 5-15$ and they usually come in sizes from 0 to 6 years, think of how much money you can save by remaking new clothing. You can also make clothing from your old clothes or even sell some clothing you made online.
Fun weekend activity with your kids
Sewing baby clothing can be both fun and save loads of money, furthermore, you can get creative with styles, colors, and other aspects of the garments you create. If making your own tiny baby clothing sounds like a fun activity, we totally recommend it as a proper way to save some money.
- She has been analyst, beauty expert, mom of 2, cook, teacher, content writer, and a reviewer with a passion to have a smart home with her husband. She often tests new things and gadgets that come into the market with the help of her team to review items. When she’s not at her computer, you can find her at her kitchen, busy with 2 kids, or maybe on Pinterest @xadiacashif where she likes to share about her lifestyle and work. Alternatively, try her email at email@example.com, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite and latest gizmos.
- Parenting TipsJanuary 19, 2024Celebrate in Style: Best 100 Days of School T-Shirt Ideas for Every Occasion
- Parenting TipsDecember 20, 2023Nurturing Love: Exploring the Infinite Reasons Why We Cherish Our Children
- Parenting TipsNovember 26, 2023Importance of art and craft in child development
- Parenting TipsNovember 12, 2023Nurturing Mothers: The Rising Issue of Postpartum Depression and the Vital Role of Self-Care.