For a smooth and gorgeous hairless body which epilator should you choose is a big confusion? You have various choices available in the market but you must know a few factors to select the right epilator for you. Buying an epilator is a one-time investment that you make to enjoy a hair-free body as it saves your visits to the salon. In this article, we will help you to find the best epilator for legs and underarms.
Gone are the days when we have to go through a long session of painful waxing to achieve a hairless body. Epilators have solved this problem and they are far better than shaving or waxing for hair removal. Shaving or using hair removal creams methods is quick but it leaves the skin dry and irritated due to harsh chemicals used to dissolve the hair. And if we compare waxing with shaving then results are better and long-lasting but waxing is time-consuming and you have to go to a salon to get it done.
Our skin has a different capacity to bear pain and temperature on different parts of the body. Underarms have more delicate skin than leg’s skin. With a wide area of skin on the legs, it is easy to move an epilator quickly moreover it feels less aching when the epilator’s tweezers tug the hair from the legs. While underarm skin is not as taut as arms or legs skin and hair have grown in all directions in the underarm area. So you have to be careful to use an epilator there. If you want to buy one epilator for legs, face, arms, underarms, or bikini area then consider a few features in a one-for-all epilator.
What to see while buying the best epilator for legs and underarms:
1. An epilator should have different speed settings. Hair removal from small and more sensitive body parts require slow speed to keep the process under control.
2. See if epilator can be used in wet or dry conditions. It is more stress-free to epilate legs with wet skin as the epilator glides smoothly over the skin. While dry epilators allow more precise tweezing of hair like underarms or bikini area.
3. An epilator must have a dual power battery so it can be used while traveling or outdoor without any electrical outlet.
4. Epilator with more tweezers causes less pain and removes hair effectively. A good epilator tweezers head must have more than 40 tweezers in it.
Why you should epilate legs instead of waxing or shaving?
It seems convenient to shave hair from your legs while taking the shower. But shaving gives temporary results as it does not remove hair from roots. Strawberry legs and ingrown hair are mostly caused by shaving the legs. Epilator allows you to have glossy and gorgeous legs for up to 4 weeks. And you don’t have to worry about ingrown hair or strawberry legs if you exfoliate your skin regularly.
Why you should epilate the underarms area instead of waxing or shaving?
Epilating of underarm hair gives much better results than any old hair removal method. Shaving or using hair removal cream darken the armpits and hair become denser by shaving. Although waxing helps to remove the hair follicle from the roots it requires growing hair for a certain length. While epilating solves all these problems by removing the small hair effectively. With regular epilation, underarm skin starts to get clean, and hair density decreases. When hair becomes fine it is less painful to epilate the underarm.
Epilators are a more safe and convenient way to remove hair from any part of your body. No matter which epilator you choose but its accurate use magnify the results for almost 4 to 5 weeks.
Tips to use an epilator correctly
- Position the epilator at a 90-degree angle to grasp the hair.
- Tug the skin area tight when moving the epilator.
- Do not press the epilator or you might damage your skin with the rotation of needle-sharp tweezers.
- Move the epilator in the direction of hair growth.
- Exfoliate your skin to remove dead cells or clearing any ingrown hair day or two before hair removal from the epilator.
- Moisturize your skin after the hair removal session with Aloe Vera gel to soothe the burning or lessen the bumps.
- Use brown sugar and coconut oil mixture to avoid strawberry skin especially legs and arms.
- Regular exfoliation before and after epilation help to decrease the chance of ingrown hair.
- Always use a personal epilator to avoid any skin allergy or infection.
- She has been analyst, beauty expert, mom of 2, cook, teacher, content writer, and a reviewer with a passion to have a smart home with her husband. She often tests new things and gadgets that come into the market with the help of her team to review items. When she’s not at her computer, you can find her at her kitchen, busy with 2 kids, or maybe on Pinterest @xadiacashif where she likes to share about her lifestyle and work. Alternatively, try her email at email@example.com, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite and latest gizmos.
- Parenting Tips2023.08.09Baby Gate for TV Stand: Keeping Your Little Explorer Safe and Sound
- Parenting Tips2023.06.02Newborn Photography: Timeless Portraits of Babies
- Parenting Tips2023.05.11The Importance of Ear Hygiene: Tips for Healthy Ears
- Parenting Tips2023.05.02Benefits of Daddy’s Girl Baby Clothes