Having oily hair feels like a curse. You look mulled and boring with flat hair without any bounce in them. Over-production of sebum in the scalp causes oily hair and sweating makes this situation even worse. Itchy scalp with white sticky wax seems impossible to clear with normal shampoo. If you live in a humid environment or practice tough workout sessions then you must daily wash your hair with non-creamy shampoo.
Some people play with their hair or comb through your hair with fingers constantly. This habit promotes more oil production on the scalp. Actually, external factors are not the only cause of excess sebum production. You have to pay attention to your lifestyle. As stress, menstruation, hormonal imbalance, and deficiency of vitamin B complex can affect oil production in hair. By improving your lifestyle you can take control of this problem to some extent.
Besides a daily hair wash routine to get rid of oily hair you can try some natural remedies for healthy and fresh hair. We will tell you how to get rid of oily hair without much spending on expensive and harsh chemicals These home remedies will give you guaranteed and long-term results gradually so give them a shot and step out confidently with clean and crisp hair.
Tips to get rid of oily hair
Yes to Oil-control shampoo and No to silicone hair products
Shop wisely and get a shampoo with a Zinc PCA element that dissolves the sebum and grease gently from the scalp. Some people face fungal growth on the scalp due to grime and sebum. Zinc has anti-fungal properties in it and produces a long-term result for oil hair problems. When hair root becomes clear it helps to accelerate hair growth as well.
Avoid shampoos with Harsh chemicals
Rinse your hair with shampoo which helps to maintain the PH level of the scalp without over-drying the hair follicles. As harsh shampoo strip away the needed moisture from the hair shaft and make them dry. So use a light shampoo that should be gentle on your tresses and effective on the scalp. Avoid buying shampoo with silicone as it can make oil hair flatter because silicone is added to produce extra shine and glossiness. So check the ingredients before buying hair products and if they have any element ending with “cone” then skip it right away.
Use Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera helps a lot to clear the scalp from debris and greasiness. Overall aloe Vera gel is a complete hair care pack. It soothes the inflamed scalp, nourishes the roots, and moisturizes the hair shaft. Apply aloe Vera gel mask from root to the whole length of hair every week. Your hair will feel manageable and trivial just after few applications of Aloe Vera Gel.
Lime and or Apple cider vinegar wash
Wash your hair with add 1 tablespoon of lime juice or apple cider vinegar to 500 ml of water and rinse your hair with this solution. Lemon juice will help to cut down the grease and give relatively long-term oil control.
Black tea or Green tea wash
Prepare 2-3 cups of green tea or black tea then strain it. let it cool and spray this tea into your hair thoroughly by focusing more on scalp and root. Leave it in your hair for 30 minutes then rinse the hair. Anti-oxidant of green tea improve the scalp condition and hair becomes clean and light.
You can alternatively apply any of these hair washes or hair packs in your hair care routine. And you will start improving your overall look by getting rid of oily hair.
- She has been analyst, beauty expert, mom of 2, cook, teacher, content writer, and a reviewer with a passion to have a smart home with her husband. She often tests new things and gadgets that come into the market with the help of her team to review items. When she’s not at her computer, you can find her at her kitchen, busy with 2 kids, or maybe on Pinterest @xadiacashif where she likes to share about her lifestyle and work. Alternatively, try her email at email@example.com, and she’ll probably shoot you back a list of her favorite and latest gizmos.
- Parenting TipsJanuary 19, 2024Celebrate in Style: Best 100 Days of School T-Shirt Ideas for Every Occasion
- Parenting TipsDecember 20, 2023Nurturing Love: Exploring the Infinite Reasons Why We Cherish Our Children
- Parenting TipsNovember 26, 2023Importance of art and craft in child development
- Parenting TipsNovember 12, 2023Nurturing Mothers: The Rising Issue of Postpartum Depression and the Vital Role of Self-Care.